Highland Yacht Club offers 3 nights' stay to members of reciprocating yacht clubs. (Click here for list of HYC reciprocals)
Highland Yacht Club is located in the Bluffers Park harbour at the foot of Brimley Rd. in Scarborough. Bluffers Park is located 8 miles east of Toronto Harbour and 9 miles west of Frenchman's Bay (Pickering), on Lake Ontario's north shore.
Our coordinates are 43° 42.48' N; 79°13.42' W (approx). (click here for dock layout diagram)
Visiting by boat - procedure
- Try to contact the Officer of the Day on VHF 68 for a slip assignment, when within range.
- If unable to contact the Officer of the Day, visiting yachts may tie up at the end of each dock marked "Visitors".
- After arrival, check-in with the Officer of the Day, show your current club membership card and sign the guest book.
Note: An Officer of the Day is present and monitoring VHF 68 every evening and all day on summer weekends.
While you are enjoying your stay at HYC
- We ask visitors to please fly their club burgee when visiting HYC.
- Barbecues are available at the end of each dock for the use of members and visitors. Please clean up after each use and double-check that propane tanks are shut off. The kitchen is available for use by visitors - please leave it as you would wish to find it.
- H.Y.C. recycles. Please use the appropriate receptacles provided for garbage, paper, bottles, and cans. The garbage and recycling area is located at the south end of the parking lot, just east of the garage.
- Dogs must be on a leash at all times and are not permitted in the Clubhouse. Please clean up after them.
- Smoking is not permitted anywhere in the Clubhouse, including the washrooms.
- When the Bar is open all alcoholic beverages consumed on the second floor, including the deck, MUST be purchased from the Bar. Prices are extremely reasonable.
- Please tie off your halyards so that your neighbors can enjoy a quiet night's rest.